Who we are
NOVELDA is the world leader in ultra-wideband (UWB) radar technology. Our groundbreaking innovation, the NOVELDA Human Presence Sensor is the most reliable human presence sensor in the world. The sensor can be beneficial in a vast array of applications, ranging from smart speakers and refrigerators to augmented reality glasses and life-saving heart monitors. Currently, the sensor is being used in laptops world-wide and smart building systems. The sensor improves user experience, increases security, and helps saving energy. In a laptop, the NOVELDA Human Presence Sensor detects your presence and will provide touch-free log-in when you approach. When you leave, the laptop locks immediately, improving security and battery life.
NOVELDA is a privately held company with headquarters in Oslo, Norway and has offices in San Hose, USA and Hong Kong, China. Our customers are renowned global tech companies at the forefront of innovation and new developments.
Our website address is novelda.com.
What personal data we collect & why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you contact us via a contact or other similar form on our website, we collect your name, email, and the other filled-in fields/message contents. The purpose of collecting and processing this data, is to be able to respond to you if needed. The data is also used to get an overview of potential new investors and new customers and will be saved for nine months.
The legal basis for processing data as described in this section is that the processing is necessary in order to respond to your inquiry.
A cookie is a small file that is stored in your web browser or device, which causes a webpage to recognize the web browser or device each time. Web beacons or pixel tags have similar functions to that of cookies. They are electronic images, often not visible to an end-user. Cookies contain, among other things, information regarding navigation, time of visit, web browser version etc.
WordPress cookies (internal use)
- If you have a WordPress-account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||persistent||12 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category ”Necessary”.|
|jobbnorge.language||persistent||2 days||Saves the selected language for the integration with JobbNorge.|
|SERVERID||session||Required for our integration with JobbNorge to perform properly. This cookie is used to assign the user to a specific server, thus to provide a improved and faster server time. It remembers which server had delivered the last page on to the browser. It also helps in load balancing.|
If you do not want cookies or other similar technologies to be stored, you can change the settings in your web browser or device. You can also delete existing cookies and similar technologies. If you choose to delete or not accept cookies, you may experience reduced functionality in the Services.
Each web browser or device has directions on how you handle cookies and related technology through data privacy- and security settings:
- Click here if you use Chrome
- Click here if you use Internet Explorer
- Click here if you use Safari
- Click here if you use Firefox
- Click here if you use Opera
- Click here if you use Microsoft Edge
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Google Analytics cookies
|_ga||persistent||12 months||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site”s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_166174688_3||persistent||1 minute||Used to limit the percentage of requests. It compiles information about how visitors use the site.|
|_gid||persistent||24 hours||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.|
|.Stackify.Rum||unknown||unknown||This cookie is set by JobbNorge and is currently unclassified. JobbNorge is in the process of classifying it together with the provider of this cookie.|
Who we share your data with
Other than data the user chooses to display to the public (such as when leaving a comment), all data collected is for NOVELDA’s internal use only. NOVELDA does not share or sell data collected with other parties, and only uses Google Analytics for aggregating statistics.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have in your data
Below, you can see what rights you have at all times:
- Right to access: You have access to the data that is registered in Novelda and can gain access to this data through your Novelda profile. If data is incorrect or outdated you can edit them yourself in Novelda. You can also request access to what personal data we have registered about you by contacting us, to the extent that this right is not restricted by applicable law. We reserve the right to require the person requesting access to verify their identity, to ensure that the personal data is disclosed to the right person.
- Right to rectification or deletion: You have access to the data that is registered in Novelda, and can gain access to this data through your Novelda profile. If data is incorrect or outdated you can edit them yourself in Novelda. Please note that you cannot make use of the service if you delete certain data categories. If you cannot delete or update certain data, you can request that we correct or delete them. We will, so far as possible, respond to a request to delete personal data, but we cannot do this if there are compelling reasons not to delete, for example, that we must store the information for documentation purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have consented to us processing your personal data in order to receive newsletters, you may withdraw this consent at any time. When sending out newsletters, we have arranged it so that you may easily opt out of these types of communications, by including a link to an unsubscription-form in each communication.
- Right to lodge a complain with a supervisory authority: If you disagree with the way Novelda processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (in Norway: Datatilsynet). We hope that you choose to contact us first.
Where we send your data
If you have questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or by regular mail to: NOVELDA AS, Gjerdrums vei 8, 0484 Oslo
How we protect your data
What third parties we receive data from
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, Privacy Policies or practices of any third party sites or services.