Novelda’s X4 is an Ultra-wideband (UWB) short-range impulse radar transceiver System on Chip (SoC). Designed for human presence detection in indoor applications, it offers product innovators a unique combination of reliable, millimetric sensing precision and unobtrusive, intelligent functionality.
As a highly-configurable single-chip solution, X4 is provided in a compact, cost effective and energy efficient chip-scale package. It enables sensors that bring new levels of interactivity and user experience to a variety of applications, including consumer electronic devices and smart building systems.
The X4 is the smallest available radar SoC solution in its class and offers unprecedented human sensing capabilities and BOM cost advantages:
- Single-chip Ultra-wideband (UWB) impulse radar transceiver
- Accurate human presence detection up to a range of 10m
- Sees through any material except metal, operates at sub 10GHz
- Low power consumption, typically < 120 mW
- Advanced power management enabling low power duty cycle operation
- Industrial operating temperature range, -40/+85 °C
- Bi-phase coding of transmitted pulses for spectrum spreading
- Ultra-high spatial resolution for simultaneous multi-object tracking
- Master/Slave Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Compact WLCSP, 0.4 mm pitch, 48 pin package